The growing popularity and importance of social media have made it a strong medium to use for building your authority and connecting with your targeted audience in a better way. However, to gain the best benefits out of your branding exercises on social media platforms, you need to keep some important things in mind. In this blog, we will discuss some actionable and effective tips to use social media to establish yourself as an influencer and a trusted authority.
Table of Contents
According to Wikipedia
Personal branding is the practice of people marketing themselves and their careers as brands. While previous self-help management techniques were about self-improvement, the personal branding concept suggests instead that success comes from self-packaging. Latest Social Media Trends That You Should Follow.
The first thing is to maintain uniformity and consistency. It helps in establishing the genuineness of your account and building trust among the people. You need to use the same profile across all your social media channels.
- You might use some stylistic differences to align with different social media channels but ensure that the vital points remain the same.
- It is also a good practice to maintain a specific file for multiple profile descriptions on different social media channels as it will help you review different profiles easily, notice the differences, and quickly make required corrections.
Use Images and Videos
A picture is better than a thousand words. It might be an old saying but hasn’t lost its relevance yet. If you go through social media platforms you would notice that most of the posts that attract a better engagement rate use beautiful and relevant photos supporting their content.
- You can even make your posts all the more interactive by using well-produced videos with crisp scripts and quick deliverables.
- It will not only attract better engagement but will entertain the audience and capture their attention in a better way.
- Videos also provide you with a better, more direct way to put across your point.
A good amount of time is spent on activities like scheduling posts or managing various accounts. It leaves you with less time to make more creative and value-added decisions. Planning Your Social Media helps you to schedule posts and short videos ahead of time.
- It is a good practice to use the latest automation tools for automating such tasks.
- It will help you in spending less time and effort posting and managing your content across different platforms.
- You can use the saved bandwidth towards building traffic and enhancing the impact of your posts. It will accelerate the speed and gain more out of your efforts in a relatively short period.
Undermine Importance of Less Known Networks
While Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are the unchallenged brands on the social media landscape, you cannot neglect the importance of other channels as well. Several less-known professional networks concentrate on a specific industry or serve the interests of a special fraction of society.
- Such platforms can be a great way to connect better with your niche community or clients and enjoy more concentrated benefits with relatively fewer efforts.
- Those professional networks aren’t overloaded with lots of general interest posts that help you get a better opportunity to be noticed.
- Besides, these networks are used by serious users with definite goals and objectives that can eventually help you achieve specific RoI out of your endeavours.
Use Diverse Formats
While the text is an integral part of any social media message you also need to keep in mind that different formats leave a different impact on the mind of your audience. In simple words, using a more diverse format for your social media posts will enhance the impact; increase the opportunities, and strengthen your brand proposition.
- For instance, you can use Instagram for images and life stories while Flicker is the best medium for sharing images.
- If you want to use video formats then YouTube is the best channel for connecting with the targeted audience as it is widely popular among people who love interactive media.
- Likewise, you can use Slideshare to share your awesome presentation’s slides with the global audience
Align With Varying Tastes of Your Audience
One of the best ways to connect with your targeted audience is to align with their varying moods, objectives, and time restrictions. For that, you should strategically choose diverse channels to suit your varying needs, schedules, and objectives.
- For instance, you can use Twitter for short, crisp, and quick messages as well as updates.
- Likewise, LinkedIn can be used for connecting with industry leaders and professional audiences and posting industry news, updates, and insights.
- Facebook is unarguably the medium that can be used for multiple formats, lengths, and objectives from posting brief content to live videos, events, and webinars.
Link Multiple Social Media Accounts
It is also important to link your multiple social media channels to boost the overall efficiency of your personal branding endeavours and widen your reach. It is not difficult to link your multiple social media accounts.
- For instance, the LinkedIn account allows you to display a Twitter feed that keeps your LinkedIn audience updated about your latest activities on Twitter.
- Likewise, there is also a provision to display your blog feed on LinkedIn which increases your opportunities to establish your subject authority and connect better with the audience while leaving a long-lasting impact on their minds.
USP of Personal Branding Activities
While it is a good thing to use diverse platforms and formats you need to keep in mind that they are just the mediums for connecting with people but the soul of the whole social media activity is your own credentials and content quality. If your content lacks quality then even the best social Media Platforms and Tactics won’t help you much.
- So, it is best to invest some time in reviewing your profile strengthening your qualifications, and learning the art of writing and connecting with people.
- Likewise times it could be better to be a little patient and boost your social media endeavors only after strengthening your real profile by profile by enhancing your qualifications and gaining better credentials.
Show Your Humanity
As human beings, your audience is more likely to connect with those who respect humanity. Even professional networks like LinkedIn are used for uploading content that highlights positive human characteristics like helping others or offering gratitude. It will also help you achieve better respect in the industry.
- For instance, you can contribute to specific social causes or involve yourself in varied philanthropy activities.
- Make it a point to create engaging content around such activities supported with the help of interactive media like event photos and videos.
- It will not only inspire others but also help to establish you as a socially committed authority.
Use Social Media for Better Customer Service
A large number of progressive companies use social media as a strong medium to offer better customer services to their clients in real-time unlike opening tickets or sending emails the clients find it easier to connect with customer service quickly via their social media channels.
- It also reduces the operational load by reducing the clerical jobs associated with the documentation of tickets, email communication, etc.
- Also, social media is a more personal way to connect with your clients instead of compelling them to go through the hassles of visiting your site, opening a ticket, etc.
Personal branding does not necessarily mean overloading your entire social media with posts that only talk about your brand. Instead of attracting any positive response it will irritate the audience and does more harm than good. To connect better with the audience and keep them engaged, you should have a healthy portion of user-friendly posts relevant to your expertise. You can use it as a subtle method to build your branding.
- For instance, financial consultants can impart practical knowledge about how to strategically plan expensive purchases without disturbing the budget- something that would be appreciated by an audience with a limited budget and gain wide popularity.
- Make sure to keep such posts as specific, relevant, and unique as possible, and use a relaxed conversational writing style to make a quick connection with the readers.
Social media is the best way to establish your identity and can help you a great way of building and enhance your brand. However, for optimal results, you need to adopt the best social media tactics and a streamlined strategy.
In this blog we have discussed some of the best actionable tips to strategically use social media for building, maintaining, and enhancing your branding. By wisely implementing these tips readers can enjoy better returns on their branding activities in less period.