Internet usage has reached its epitome over the past two decades. So much so, that people, these days can’t even imagine a day without browsing their favorite social networking apps, ordering food online, trying out new apparel via E-commerce platforms, and the like. In addition, students, these days, are seen to sign up for online assignment help platforms to ease their burden and receive personalized academic solutions on the go.
All said and done, how far is the practice of using the internet safely? Unfortunately, online scams have become a norm and people get victimized by internet frauds like anything. Thus, we need to acknowledge the odds and sign up for safer ways to use the platform.
Table of Contents
1. Install Reliable Antivirus Software
This is essentially the first step towards securing your Browsing Internet Safely practices. Unless you have a reliable antivirus offering internet malware protection, you should not use the platform in the first place. So, first things first, use ideal antivirus software and carry out browsing safely.
Here are some tips on picking antivirus software that works
- Confirm whether the software can fight against all forms of major internet malware attacks and other intrusions.
- These include phishing and spear-phishing attacks, SQL injection attacks, Man in the Middle (MitM) attacks, Drive-by attacks, and more.
2. Avoid Visiting Unknown Or Shady Sites
You never know, one wrong step from your end, and you might just end up disclosing personal data to internet fraudsters.
Here are some suggestions that will help you through the hassle:
- Most shady websites have weird-looking URLs.
- Even if you happen to visit the site mistakenly, always keep an eye on the URL.
- If you find it uncommon or in case the URL appears to be of a completely different format, retreat immediately.
- In some cases, websites lack legit SSL certificates or HTTPS.
3. Don’t Accept Random Links To Websites
You must have come across instances where you have received certain web links on your mobile phone. It can be anything; from banking links to E-commerce checkout links, it’s an endless list.
Instead of going to the link right away, always take some time to crosscheck the URL, search for it on Goole, learn about its whereabouts, and then go for it.
4. Don’t Use VPN Services Straightaway
I know most youngsters end up using VPN services to access websites that are banned in their countries. And, this is where the wrong goes most of the time.
Here are the cons of using VPNs without any prior verification.
- Most alarmingly, the use of VPN isn’t legal in some countries.
- Violating the legal norms can put you behind bars.
- Fraudsters are circulating VPN services to steal the confidential data of the users.
- Many VPN services try to be involved in the potential reselling of internet habits to third parties.
5. Don’t Download Random Apps
The use of mobile-based apps has Internet Protect Privacy reached its summit in the past few years. Simultaneously, it has contributed to the increased threats of online money theft, illegal intrusions, critical virus attacks, and more. So, it is suggested not to download a random app that might look glittery and all that jazz.
Rather, acknowledge the following suggestions and bid farewell to the odds of app-based internet phishing scams.
- Make sure to install apps from recognized and verified app stores.
- Check content ratings and user reviews before installing the app.
- See if the app is asking for too many in-app purchases and permissions.
- If yes, then crosscheck the “permissions” thoroughly and decide whether it would be safe to allow the app to gain certain insights and information.
- Delete all unnecessary apps in your phone and remove caches as well.
6. Be Careful While Setting Up New Connection
In today’s world, you don’t need to worry about roping in an internet service provider for home-based or commercial projects. However, the problem lies elsewhere. If especially, you are new to a city with limited contacts and resources, never trust a random service provider straight away.
Here are some safe ways to sign up for secure internet connections.
- Conduct thorough background research, and figure out whether the potential internet service provider has been in a business at least for 5 years.
- Check out the number of satisfied users the service provider has ensured to date.
- On the successful establishment of the internet connection, ask the person in charge to run a speed test.
- This will allow you to know whether the service provider means what he/she claims and the fact that the connection is genuine.
Nowadays we are using more and more Internet, Browser and Social media things. So, we are not secure on the Internet to Secure Our Data we use VPNs that protect our data from to linked on the Internet.
7. Don’t Sign Up For Online Transactions Right Away
These days, almost every individual is seen to opt for online monetary transactions in some way or the other. Now, the question is, how far is the option safe? Here are some tips to carry out safe online transactions.
- Make sure that the online retailer is legitimate.
- See if the website is 100% secure and learn about policies such as return policy, refund norms, failed transaction follow-ups, and the like.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi to make online payments.
8. Be Careful With Content You Download
Be it a movie or your favorite wallpapers; you have to be careful with the content you choose to download. Malware can be disguised as a movie file, and it would start showing its true color once downloaded.
So, be very careful of what you download, Internet Safe Navigation especially the source from where you plan to download the content.
If you are not confident of the website or find something unusual, step back immediately and find other alternatives to avoid any major hassle.
9. Be Cautious You Post Or Share
Do not end up sharing anything intimate, personal, or way too sensitive for the internet dwellers. To be very honest, anything and everything you share online remains online.
Once you share an image or post anything online, it gets circulated among your clan as well as among the wider user base. You never know who would be the end consumer of your content.
So, be very careful, stay alert, and take wise steps in this matter.
10. Avoid Random Chatting Or Meeting People Online
Even though most dating apps and random social media networking platforms will lure you into being involved in healthy chatting and meeting up with people online, do not go for it.
Unless you are confident of the platform, you’re signing up with, or in case you know people who have genuinely shared their favorable experiences, do not fall for the trap.
According to a couple of recent surveys, every 7 out of 10 internet users get duped by unverified and spammy dating apps, chatrooms, and live video calls. So, be cautious of what you choose to opt for.
Now that you are aware of the ten guided steps to browse the internet safely, embrace the best practice and put the wisest foot forward. After all, a bit of precaution and wisdom can save you from some of the most alarming consequences ever.